Monday, April 30, 2012

White Board Fun

Tell me folks, who doesn't love to write on a 
WHITE BOARD!!!! 
I know I do & I'm not even in grade school anymore. haha

I substituted for my dear friend Jentry one day and she had me use a whiteboard in each lesson. In her lessons, she writes down all the things that needed to happen and the kid got to put the assignments in order.

So how this works for a parent at home...
Write down all of the assignments from the lesson and then let your child write the numbers of what order he wants to do them in.

In this way he can practice taking ownership of his practice with your guidance, and he knows exactly what he needs to accomplish during this time.

The whiteboard is for him, and the parent uses the practice chart to clarify specific assignments for each exercise or piece that week.


*if you don't already have one of these babies, get a magnetic one - so you can have much more fun with other practice ideas I'll put up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment