Thursday, August 9, 2012

"TiME" to Practice!

Have you ever had a child or student that hasn't wanted to practice? I think we've all been there - including myself both as a teacher and when I was a young student myself!

I was asking a Suzuki Parent the other day what the hardest thing about practicing is. She said "I think our biggest mistake is that we don't have a set time to practice."

Set a time on the practice clock and when the clock in your home matches that time...
 it's time to practice! 

This can work in a couple different ways.
1. For the younger ones, the parent sets the time to practice.
2. To help build ownership as the student matures, have the child set the time that they will practice.


I got my clock at Target in the....you guessed it! The DOLLAR ISLE!!! If you can't make it to Target, it would be easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment