Saturday, July 7, 2012

Goals

I have had the most FANTASTIC time at ISSI!!! 
Oh I LOVE this week - it's the highlight of my summer!
I always come home being so motivated and wanting to practice everyday for hours on end. 
It was so fun to see so many friends and students I had in Utah. One of the things I look forward to most is catching up with the friends that I've made at institute over the years. Our paths would never have crossed otherwise. I love seeing their kids grow physically and musically. 
What a wonderful adventure we're on! 
As I was contemplating what new and fantastic idea to post, I looked at my counter space where I take all of my pictures and noticed that there are fish there (we're pet sitting for the next 2 weeks)... that's when it hit me - for every month that your kid practices 30 days (or whatever time period you choose) - get them a goldfish! Let's be honest, I can't think of a better way to spend 33 cents!  Plus, not that playing an instrument doesn't already teach them this, but it will reinforce the life lesson of responsibility, or "actions and consequences," diligence, hard work, the list goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment